Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Update

Well, it is February 1st and only 9 months until Parker gets home (for good, I hope!). I took a personal leave from school yesterday in order to help Dennis "close shop" at his school. He has found a retired math teacher to take his place until May, so he has opted to stay home. His bad days are starting to outnumber his good days, so this will be good for him.
It is hard to believe that Libby will be one on February 11. Where has time gone? Of course, I can say the same thing about my 29 year old son and 27 year old daughter. It seems like only yesterday that Parker and Savannah were keeping me busy with school, ball, dance, gymnastics, etc. etc. etc. I miss those days, but I am enjoying the time that I now get to spend with Libby. She has changed so much since she was born.



Savannah has a fun party planned for Libby and her friends and their parents. It has made me think back on her parties. I think my favorite was the one she shared with a friend in Selma. Each girl dressed as a model and we videoed them walking down a runway. This was held in her dance studio, so there were mirrors everywhere. I think the girls had fun. She also had a tea party with the girls, dressed like their mom, bringing their favorite dolls; an exercise party at a fitness center; and several softball parties. Savannah and another friend, Brooke, had a spend the night party at our house for the last birthday that we had in Selma. We invited all the girls in the 6th grade. I just remembered something that I use to do for my kids on their birthdays. The birthday "fairy" would come and put balloons from the light fixtures in the main areas of the house. Even now, if they are home, they expect the birthday fairly to say "Happy Birthday!" Needless to say, it was fun! I love being a mom.

Momma has had good news at the last two visits to her doctor. She has lowered her amount of prednisone, and she is trying to walk a little more each day. My mom is my best friend, and it is very hard for me to watch her have difficulty breathing. But, as always, my mom is trying to "protect" me from what is happening to her. Libby is also good for her and Daddy. She makes them laugh.

Not much news around here, but I felt I needed to add an update. Things are getting better for Momma, and they will get better for Dennis.

1 comment: