Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Libby!

Tomorrow is Libby's birthday, and I can't let the day go by without a little reminiscing. It seems like only yesterday that we were all gathered in the waiting area of the Northport DCH waiting on our little one. It was so obvious how much she and her parents were loved by the number of family and friends waiting on her arrival.
Libby's full name is Libby JoAnna Pate. The JoAnna comes from my mother, JoAnn, and my grandmother, Anna. It is actually the name that I wanted to give Savannah, but Dennis got to pick her name since I chose Parker's. (Savannah's name is another blog!) Savannah and Jason chose to honor my mom and grandmother by naming her JoAnna, and it means a lot to me that they did.
Speaking of Jason. What an awesome husband and father! Jason stood with Savannah throughout the delivery and helped her so much after the delivery--not only with Libby's needs but Savannah's physical needs as well. What a man!!
When Libby was born, of course the discussion was all about "Who does she look like?" At first, she favored Savannah's baby pictures with those big blue eyes.



The older she got, though, I knew she was the spitting image of her dad, or more so her Pop Pop, Mike. I've even told Mike that if he ever wanted to know what he would look like as a girl to take a look at Libby. One of the first physical features that everyone pointed out were her lips--Angelina Jolie lips is what everyone said. Now, I'm not an Angelina Jolie fan, but she does have good lips. LOL

This is my favorite picture of the four girls---formerly three girls.


Like my momma, Savannah, and me, Libby has a head full of hair. Keeping it under control has been a major undertaking, and no, it is not under control yet!




In the beginning, Libby had trouble with reflux and changed formulas four maybe five times before the doctor found the right one. Add to that the uncomfortable braces that she wore on those tiny precious feet twenty-three hours a day, and you would think that Libby would be a miserable child. Perhaps she was for a few months, but not any more. She is always happy; always smiling; never meets a stranger; and very curious. As much as she loved the vacuum cleaner to calm her down and put her to sleep when she was just born, she now hates the vacuum cleaner and runs/cries when it turns on. I say she cries, but to be honest, Libby very rarely cries. Now, she can fake a cry to try to get her way, but she does that rarely. She is her own unique little self with a lot of personality. She has brought joy to our lives.







I've added this one last picture to remind me of her days with the braces and how easy it was to get her to go to sleep. Just cover her face with your hand, blanket, or burp pad and off she goes!




Happy birthday, little one! You are greatly loved!

Libby at 3 months:



Libby at 6 months:


Libby at 9 months:

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Libby!! It is amazing how time flies. Maddie will soon be 2!

    ReplyDelete