Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Our Sweet Libby


Many times I run across friends who have access to Facebook who tell me how beautiful and precious my grandchildren are.  While I realize that most of them are just being nice and making conversation, I know that many are sincere. What I really wish is that they could all meet Libby and Luke and know them for who they are....especially Libby.  I know that I am prejudiced, but I have never seen a more loving and caring two-year old.  It is scary how closely she pays attention to what everyone says and copies them word-for-word in all situations.  For example, if you sneeze in front of Libby, without thinking, her comment will be, "God Bless You." "Please" and "Thank You" are regular words in her daily conversation and this is without being prompted. Many times I have turned to remind Libby to say "Thank You" to someone, and she has already started saying it. Not only does she mimic words, but she also uses caring actions.  She will put her tiny hands on your face, and ask you if everything is alright or if you feel good.  She has been an extremely bright point for Dennis in the past year or so.
   Today was an extremely hard day for Libby and her parents.  Through the course of the day, she had to endure a catheter, x-rays, and blood work.  And, no, she was not perfect throughout the procedures; she is two after all.  But, she was a trooper. This sweet child has tightly wound her "Soach" and Gran around her little finger....not to control us, but to love us.
   With all that she has endured. not only today but in her two plus years, she is remarkably unspoiled and caring toward others.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post!! She is also lucky to have such wonderful grandparents on both sides.

    ReplyDelete