Thursday, October 7, 2010

When it rains......

I guess everyone has heard the old saying, "When it rains, it pours." Well, it has been pouring at my house lately. Dennis is still going through radiation and chemo. He should be through with radiation next week. He has been extremely tired and has missed a few days of work in order to rest. Two weeks ago Momma found out that she has fibrosis, and she has been in the hospital for five days after a lung biopsy to see how far the disease had progressed. So, I've been a little stretched between afternoons and nights at the hospital with Momma and trying to find time to be with Dennis and to help him with his work at school. To add to that, I have bronchitis and am not feeling up to par myself. Also, the news is talking about how Americans should be on alert when traveling in Paris. So, we are all somewhat concerned about Parker's safety. Finally, however, the pouring has stopped, and it is back down to a fine mist.
I really need to thank all the friends and family who have stepped up with offers to help me and especially to pray for my family. Prayers can definitely be felt, and this "pouring time" has caused me to reflect on prayer. It is amazing the sense of peace you get from knowing that others are praying for you, and plan on praying more for others everyday. It has caused me to wonder how people who don't have God and prayer manage through "pouring times."
On a more positive note, I get to spend Friday with Libby. I'm taking a day off just so I can spend the day with her. We plan on going shopping, hanging out, and just having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment